FALL 2020 COURSE ENROLMENT
Fall 2020 undergraduate course enrolment begins July 14, 2020 based on the course selection windows (number of completed and in-progress credits). New students can begin enroling in courses on July 23, 2020.
All students are encouraged to select courses as soon as possible after their window opens. Course enrolment will continue until September 18, 2020; however, students who do not enrol by August 4, 2020 may find that their desired or required course sections are no longer available (closed/full).
If a course is full when you go onto WebAdvisor, please check WebAdvisor again later and register when spaces become available. If it has been a few days without successfully registering, please contact Lorraine Weir whose contact information is below. Enrolment of courses is managed by opening blocks of spots at a time rather than immediately opening to the full capacity.
Please see Helpful Hints and FAQ's for additional information about Fall 2020 Course Enrolment:
In the Department of Family Relations & Applied Nutrition (FRAN), the Undergraduate Program Assistant, Lorraine Weir is responsible for signing course waivers (for courses requiring instructor consent, prerequisite/restriction waivers in certain circumstances, course overload, etc.). Instructors in the FRAN department do NOT sign course waivers.
Lorraine can be reached by email at email@example.com. When asking to be waived into a course, please email your current Program Evaluation available through WebAdvisor.
The firstname.lastname@example.org email is monitored Monday - Thursday, 8:30am - 2:30pm.
You can download the Course Waiver Request form.
Here's what is helpful to know about obtaining a signed course waiver:
- Waivers are not required for 1st year courses. Watch WebAdvisor for spaces to open up.
- Some courses are restricted to BASc majors only. Waivers will not be signed for courses that are restricted in this way.
- For other courses, there are Priority Access restrictions, which may be lifted during the course selection period depending on available space. Details of which courses have Priority Access restrictions are below. Please note that we will not sign course waivers while Priority Access restrictions are in place.
- Generally speaking, courses/sections that are full/closed cannot be overloaded. Spaces are reserved for students who require these courses for their major program of study.
- If you receive a completed and appropriately signed waiver, you will need to submit it to Enrolment Services for processing during the course enrolment period. You may email the waiver to email@example.com. You will not be registered for the course until you have emailed the waiver to Enrolment Services and see the course on your class timetable. The last day to submit a waiver is September 18, 2020, however it is strongly recommended to submit as soon as you can.
- If you are requesting a course waiver, please email your completed and signed waiver to Lorraine at firstname.lastname@example.org. and Lorraine will follow up with you via email. Remember to include your Program Evaluation as another attachment so Lorraine can determine whether you can be waived into the course. If yes, Lorraine will sign the waiver and email you information on how to proceed.
Priority Access Courses:
Below is a list of courses with Priority Access limitations. This list does not include courses with established restrictions as noted in the undergraduate calendar. If a course is not listed below, it means there is no priority access limitations on it. Continue to check this section for updates to Priority Access throughout the Course Enrolment period.