SUMMER 2021 COURSE SELECTION PERIOD
INCOURSE STUDENTS (Students who have already been registered in U of G courses): Course selection windows for the Summer 2021 semester will open beginning on Monday March 8, 2021 based on the number of credits earned and in progress, from highest to lowest. Further information on selection windows can be found on the registrar's website. https://www.uoguelph.ca/registrar/courseselectionwindow
PLEASE SELECT COURSES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER YOUR WINDOW OPENS. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN NOT BEING ABLE TO REGISTER IN NEEDED AND WANTED COURSES.
If a course is full when you go onto WebAdvisor, please check WebAdvisor again later and register when spaces become available. If it has been a few days without successfully registering, please contact the Undergraduate Program Assistant whose contact information is below. Enrolment of courses is managed by opening blocks of spots at a time rather than immediately opening to the full capacity.
Please see Helpful Hints and FAQ's for additional information about Winter 21 Course Enrolment:
In the Department of Family Relations & Applied Nutrition (FRAN), the Undergraduate Program Assistant, Lorraine Weir, is responsible for signing course waivers (for courses requiring instructor consent, prerequisite/restriction waivers in certain circumstances, section overload, etc.). Instructors in the FRAN department do NOT sign course waivers. Lorraine’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
When asking to be waived into a course:
- Please email with your uoguelph.ca account 2. Attach a current Program Evaluation available through WebAdvisor 3. State you student ID# and program. You can download the Course Waiver Request form.
Please note: email@example.com email is monitored Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:30.
Due to concerns with COVID-19, University of Guelph employees are working remotely and there can be delays.
Here's what is helpful to know about obtaining a signed course waiver:
- Waivers are not required for 1st year courses. Watch WebAdvisor for spaces to open up.
- Some courses are restricted to BASc majors only. Waivers will not be signed for courses that are restricted in this way.
- For other courses, there are Priority Access restrictions, which may be lifted during the course selection period depending on available space. Details of which courses have Priority Access restrictions are below. Please note that we will not sign course waivers while Priority Access restrictions are in place.
- Generally speaking, courses/sections that are full/closed cannot be overloaded. Spaces are reserved for students who require these courses for their major program of study.
- If you receive a completed and appropriately signed waiver, you will need to submit it to Enrolment Services for processing during the course enrolment period. You may email the waiver to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not be registered for the course until you have emailed the waiver to Enrolment Services and see the course on your class timetable. The last day to submit a waiver is January 15, 2021, however it is strongly recommended to submit as soon as you can..)
Priority Access Courses:
Below is a list of courses with Priority Access limitations and other information. This list does not include courses with established prerequisites and restrictions as noted in the undergraduate calendar. If a course is not listed below, it means there is no priority access limitations on it. Continue to check this section for updates to Priority Access throughout the Course Selection period.
S21 Course Offerings:
FRHD*1020*01DE Couple and Family Relationships: Access to BASc majors and and FCS minor students March 16- April 5, 2021.
FRHD*2100*DE Development of Human Sexuality: Priority Access to BASc majors until Tuesday March 23, 2021. Access to BASc majors and FCS minor students March 24- April 5, 2020.
FRHD*3190*DE Administration of Programs for Children: Priority Access to BASc majors until Tuesday March 23,2021. Access to BASc majors and FCS minor students March 24- April 5, 2021.
NUTR*1010*DE Introduction to Nutrition:. Access to BASc majors and FCS minor students March 16- April 5, 2021.
The above courses will open to students of other degrees on April 6, 2021.