FRAN General Admission Requirements
The Department of Family Relations and Applied Nutrition has set certain standards over and above the University of Guelph's minimum entrance requirements. These additional standards, which must be met in order to be consider for admission to FRAN programs, are designed to ensure that students are ready and able to succeed in our rigorous research based programs. Students must meet the general admission requirements, as well as any program specific requirements listed below. For your convenience, you can download the overview of FRAN Admission Requirements in PDF format
- An Honours (4 years) Baccalaureate degree or equivalent for Masters programs
- A thesis-based MSc in a closely related field for Doctoral programs
- A minimum cumulative average of 75% over the most recent 20 courses (2 years).
- Successful completion of both a statistics and a social science research methods course with a grade of 75% or higher (70% for CFT applicants).
- The requirements may be in progress at the time of application but must be completed by April 30. The department may withhold an offer until such time that applicants demonstrate that they have completed specific requirements.
- Research interests must be compatible with those of one or more of the department's graduate faculty (excluding MAN applicants).
- Applicants are evaluated on a competitive basis. These are minimum requirements and accepted applicants may have significantly higher academic achievement.