If you are a BASc student and you want to switch to a different BASc major e.g. AHN, CSTU, or FSHD here are the BASc internal Admission requirements.
To apply to switch majors within the BASc program.
- Complete the Schedule of Change form.
- You may provide a letter of explanation, detailing reasons for changing majors, leadership qualities or strengths, and any circumstances that may have affected your academic performance.
- You may submit a letter of reference from an instructor, employer etc. to support your request.
- Letters should be addressed to the BASc Admissions Committee.
- Submit the form by May 1st to email@example.com Supporting documentation/letters are due by June 1st.
- Decision on your application will be sent to your uoguelph.ca email. The programs start in September. The committee will send you their decision usually by late August.
- Admission to the program is not guaranteed as it is a competitive process that depends on space and the applicants’ grades. Be aware that by changing your program you will delay your graduation as you catch up on courses that you missed in your new program.
- Admission is only valid for the semester of entry and if you register and pay for courses for that semester.
- If you are offered admission, an Undergraduate Schedule of Studies Change Request should be completed and signed by you, the BASc Program Counsellor and then submitted to Enrolment Services to update academic record for your new major.
- Due to the limited number of spaces in some of the B.A.Sc. majors, applications to change majors must receive formal approval by the BASc Admissions Committee. Please note that you must be registered in courses in the semester for which you are applying for the transfer.
If you are a BASc student and you want to switch degree programs, to a program outside BASc, use the internal transfer process and go through Admissions. Any questions you have that are not answered by that webpage should be directed to the Admissions counsellor for department offering the program you are interested in.
While you are waiting to be accepted into your new program you may want to declare a minor in that area. This allows you to take courses from that discipline to ensure you like them and have them count toward a minor while progressing on your current degree. These courses may also count toward your new major if you get accepted.
If you are currently not a BASc student but would like to become a BASc student in either AHN, CSTU, or FSHD, then you use the internal transfer process and go through Admissions. Any questions you have that are not answered by that webpage about transferring into the BASc Program should be directed to the BASc Admissions counsellor, Rebecca Roibas at firstname.lastname@example.org
While you are waiting to be accepted into the CSTU or FSHD majors of the BASc program you may want to declare a minor in Family and Child Studies. This allows you to take courses in the BASc area to ensure you like them and have them count toward a minor if you don’t get into the BASc. Those courses will also count toward your new major if you do get accepted into the BASc. After you complete the three pre-requisite courses for the minor you may fill, sign, and return this form to the program counsellor for your program if you want to declare a Family and Child Studies minor.