FALL 2021 COURSE SELECTION PERIOD
PLEASE SELECT COURSES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER YOUR WINDOW OPENS. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN NOT BEING ABLE TO REGISTER IN NEEDED AND WANTED COURSES.
If a course is full when you go onto WebAdvisor, please check WebAdvisor again later and register when spaces become available.
Please see Helpful Hints and FAQ's for additional information about course enrolment:
In the Department of Family Relations & Applied Nutrition (FRAN), the Undergraduate Program Assistant, Lorraine Weir, is responsible for signing course waivers (for courses requiring instructor consent, prerequisite/restriction waivers in certain circumstances, section overload, etc.). Instructors in the FRAN department do NOT sign course waivers. Lorraine’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
When requesting to be waived into a course:
- Using your uoguelph.ca account 2. State you student ID# and program. You can download the Course Waiver Request form.
Please note: email@example.com email is monitored Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 4:00. Due to concerns with COVID-19, University of Guelph employees are working remotely and there can be delays.
Here's what is helpful to know about obtaining a signed course waiver:
- Waivers are not required for 1st year courses. Watch WebAdvisor for spaces to open up.
- Some courses are restricted to BASc majors only. Waivers will not be signed for courses that are restricted in this way.
- For other courses, there are Priority Access restrictions, which may be lifted during the course selection period depending on available space. Details of which courses have Priority Access restrictions are below. Please note that we will not sign course waivers while Priority Access restrictions are in place.
- Generally speaking, courses/sections that are full/closed cannot be overloaded. .
- If you receive a completed and appropriately signed waiver, you will need to submit it to Enrolment Services for processing during the course enrolment period. You may email the waiver to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will not be registered for the course until you have emailed the waiver to Enrolment Services and see the course on your class timetable. The last day to submit a waiver is September 21, 2021 however, it is strongly recommended to submit as soon as possible.
F21 Course Offerings: Continue to monitor WebAdvisor as sometimes a spot may open up before course selection deadline on September 17, 2021.